Meeting Minutes

Club bylaws require review and approval of the meeting minutes from the previous meeting. Please take the time to review the minutes so they can be voted on at the next general meeting.

UBSCC Meeting Minutes
March 1, 2016
Meeting held at Mimi’s Cafe

The meeting was called to order by president, Pat Galvin, at 7:00 pm.  There were about 34 members in attendance.

Roll Call of Officers: In addition to Pat, the following officers were present:  Kim Mercer, vice president; Katie Owens, secretary; Katie Costanzo, treasurer.

New Members:   Steve Rudy introduced himself.  He drives a 1957 Healy that was his parents’ car.

Guests:  None

Appointed Positions:  Carl Agnew was not present.

Partsmasters: Toni Martinis and Mac Sawhill were not present.

Minutes: The February minutes as posted in the Oilspots were approved by the membership.

Treasurer’s Report: Katie C. reported that the Club’s checking and savings accounts remain healthy. Expenses paid during the month were for the TR3 project repairs and flyers for the Show.

Correspondence: Kim shared information from the McCormick Car Action, Blackhawk Museum Newsletter, and an ad for car portraits.

Oilspots Editors’ Report: Tony was congratulated on a great newsletter.  He said he is always looking for ideas for the next issues, so please contact him if you have one!

Old/Ongoing Business:

  • Carl Agnew will not be attending meetings for a couple of months, but his reports will be posted in the Oilspots.  Dan Rodriquez reported in Carl’s absence, about AB 550 affecting smog checks for cars 30 years old or older. Details are in the Oilspots.
  • Tony reported on the Feb 13 Breakfast at Venita Rhea’s and the run that followed. About 50 people attended.  They stopped at both a winery, and a brewery (!!), then went onto Costanzo’s.  Luckily the weather was beautiful!
  • Katie C. reminded members to pay their dues; you can even pay online with PayPal! She is finalizing the roster so be sure you are up to date to be included!
  • The TR3 Project for the California Auto Museum is underway.  Jerry reports that the next workshop is at 9:30 am on Sat 3/5 at his house.  He asked for an additional $500 for the car to cover the expenses. Motion to approve additional funds was made, seconded and passed unanimously.

New Business

  • The Beer Festival or “Beer Prom” at the Ca Museum is this Sat, 3/ 5. The festival has a 1980’s prom theme.
  • Mike Rapoza encouraged members to drive with the Club in the St. Patrick’s Day parade in Old Sacramento on Saturday 3/12. We will meet at 11 am at the Museum parking lot, dirt side. After the parade, we will drive up the river for lunch at Swabbies.  There is a release form for the parade, so be sure you sign one.  He circulated a sign-up sheet and flyer and will send a reminder email out.
  • April 2 is the April Fools’ Rally sponsored by Mike R. and Mike H.  Sign-up sheet and flyer were circulated.
  • A Drive in the Delta sponsored by Beni Feil will be Saturday April 30.  She will bring a flyer and sign-up sheet to the next meeting.
  • Kim reported that the Grapes of Wrath drive in June will be in northern El Dorado wineries - and - there is a winery serving beer on route for the boys!  
  • Zach asked for interest in attending a River Cats game as a group.  Discussion showed good interest in a night game in August.  He will report back.
  • Pat had a request from John in the Pantera Club. He asked if their members could attend our meeting for the experience on how a fine club runs.  They are a small group, about 8 attend, so members decided to accommodate them as guests.

Dixon Car Show

  • Jerry reported that there are already 8 registrations for the Show!
  • There was a work meeting on 2/28 to send out the flyers. 
  • Jerry brought more flyers and posters for members to use to get the word out.
  • Next work meeting is Saturday 4/16 at Costanzo’s at 4 pm.
  • Volunteer sign-up forms will be available at our next Club meeting. Be sure to sign up! There is a lot to choose from.
  • Stuff It event (where we load the registration bags and then eat a potluck dinner) will be on May 14 - the Friday before the Show. We still need a site for that event.
  • Ken Montgomery, who does the sound for the Show, asked for additional speakers. This will help with announcements and music being too loud close to the booth and too faint in the areas further away. He get estimates and get back to Jerry. 

Regalia

  • Beni reported that the T-shirts are on order for the Club.
  • All show regalia will be in each registrant’s bag.
  • Members asked about Club license plate frames; she has those in stock and will bring them to the next meeting.

For the Good of the Club

  • Dan mentioned the Museum sponsored run scheduled for May with a secret destination.  He will send an email with the date. Last year it was to Burney Falls; a great event and drive.
  • Mike R. brought items that were left at the Christmas part to return to members. Thanks Mike and Janine!
  • The Grand Poohbah awarded the Royal Order of the Antler and Feather to Annabelle Pugh for killing a Christmas tree with her daily driver (not little Rosie)!

The next meeting is April 5, 2016 at Mimi’s on Alta Arden.

The meeting was adjourned at 7:49 pm.

Respectively submitted,
Katie Owens, Secretary

UBSCC PO Box 161974 Sacramento CA 95816
Copyright 2016 UBSCC, All Rights Reserved